Vision, Ethos and Values
ENGage, Motivate, Support and Challenge
Our vision for Marlborough Primary School is to provide a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment where everyone is valued equally.
We will be an integral part of the community, inspiring our children to be successful lifelong learners, effective contributors, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
We will do this in partnership with home, community and other service providers.
Marlborough Primary School will provide an inclusive learning environment, which will be a positive stimulus for personal achievement. Through the broadening of experiences of the world, we will encourage everyone towards being an informed and responsible citizenship.
- To provide opportunities and motivation for personal achievement
- To engage children in independent learning
- To support pupils to be able to make discerning choices about their learning
- To encourage the setting of attainable but challenging goals
- To promote a positive ethos for all members of the school community
- To encourage self esteem and self respect
- To encourage personal aspiration and ambition
- To celebrate hard work, determination and success
- To ensure everyone is aware of their responsibility within the community
- To ensure everyone knows and understands their place in the world
- To ensure everyone develops the capacity to understand different beliefs and cultures
- To ensure everyone can make informed choices
- To provide opportunities to contribute to the life of the school and the wider community
- To enable everyone to gain experience and skills necessary for lifelong learning
- To provide opportunities for everyone to work in partnership and in teams